Slideshow: Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club’s Mini Reds continue outstanding year
Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club s Mini Reds have continued their outstanding year. The boys were winners of the Herts Summer Mini Tennis Red Team League, while the girls were runners-up at Odyssey recently. Earlier in the summer, the boys – David Latter
Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club's Mini Reds have continued their outstanding year.
The boys were winners of the Herts Summer Mini Tennis Red Team League, while the girls were runners-up at Odyssey recently.
Earlier in the summer, the boys - David Latter, Jason Hayley, Liam Stevens, Damon Hall and Connor Dudley - had beaten teams from Sawbridgeworth, Broxbourne, Much Hadham and Hoddesdon in the rounds, before overcoming strong opposition from Batchwood 2 and 1 in the semis and finals.
This win sees the double for the red boys' team as they won the Herts Winter Team League in March.
The girls too won their group in the round robin matches, with Ania Farthing, Joanna Garland, Jemima Gravatt and Rachel Brazier playing. In the semis, Kamie Lowe took Rachel's place, and Letchworth had a close win over Harpenden before losing to a strong team from Batchwood.
There have also been some individual successes of note recently.
- 1 Rishi Sunak visits Stevenage as £900m investment in life sciences campus announced
- 2 Terminally ill Ricky's 'Costa Del Nidge' pool party to help others
- 3 Stevenage teenagers charged following incident at The Hyde
- 4 14-year-old Stevenage girl missing
- 5 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 6 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 9 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 10 Nursery with 'unrivalled passion' marks 80th anniversary
Damon Hall won a red event at Riverside in Bedford and came home with a medal. Danielle Latter has been travelling the length and breadth of the country and recently won an orange tournament in Portsmouth. And David Stevenson was runner-up in a green winter county tournament at Gosling recently.