Baldock and District Canoe Club had a strong showing at the Proteus slalom competition at Orton Mere, Peterborough. On Saturday, David Lee, Jason Clarke and Nigel Clarke entered the Division 4 K1 men s event. Nigel had two strong runs and he took first pl
Baldock and District Canoe Club had a strong showing at the Proteus slalom competition at Orton Mere, Peterborough.
On Saturday, David Lee, Jason Clarke and Nigel Clarke entered the Division 4 K1 men's event.
Nigel had two strong runs and he took first place and promotion to Division Three.
Jason put in a good first run but was unfortunately unable to beat this, capsizing during his second run. His first run time was quick enough for him to win the award for first junior.
David, in his first ever slalom, put in two confident runs to take the prize for first junior 16.
Emma Clarke and Becky Lee both entered the Division Four K1 ladies' event.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
Emma's first run time saw her take first place and promotion to Division Three.
Becky, in her first ever slalom, put in a strong effort in both her runs to finish as the first junior and third overall.
Alistair Riches entered his first Division 3 K1 men's event after promotion at the last Orton Mere Slalom and came 10th overall.
Michelle Grudzinski and Carmel Buttimer were entered into the Division 3 C2 event, where they were able to secure third.
Grudzinski was entered into the Division 3 C1 event and two solid runs found her securing first place.
Saturday's rain had a big effect on the water overnight resulting in Sunday's course being challenging, particularly for the Division Four competitors.
David and Jason both put in good solid performances and tried their luck crossing the bigger water. Their positions swapped this time with David taking first junior 16 and Jason taking first junior 14.
Emma entered her first Division Three event and took fifth place overall and the first junior prize.
Grudzinski and Buttimer took fifth place in the Division Three C2 event. Grudzinski fought hard against a near swim in the Division Three C1 event to take second place.
The team will be back in action at the next National Division Three/Four competition at Harefield on the last weekend in July.