Skipper looks ahead
Datchworth have progressed to the next round of the National Cup after the late withdrawal of Ipswich on Friday morning. Although pleased to be in the next round, new captain Danny Sheridan said: It would have been nice to have played the fixture, we wer
Datchworth have progressed to the next round of the National Cup after the late withdrawal of Ipswich on Friday morning.
Although pleased to be in the next round, new captain Danny Sheridan said: "It would have been nice to have played the fixture, we were on a bit of a high coming into the new season and everyone is looking forward to success this year. I just hope this doesn't mean we lose momentum!
"We have a good squad for this year; a lot of the youngsters blooded last season have really come on over the summer."
Sheridan himself started his Datchworth career in the juniors, had a brief spell playing football, and then returned to Datchworth in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
A regular in the side since his return, his experience and the respect he has from the players made him an ideal choice to lead the side after Jamie Sinclair stepped down.
Vice-captain Barry Malone joined the club last season and has already made an impression playing in numerous positions across the back line.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
Datchworth are away to Old Hamptonians in their opening league fixture in London Four North West this Saturday.