Six appeal from Datchworth
A Datchworth bowler nabbed six wickets in all three three of the club s Saracens Herts League fixtures on Saturday. The first XI travelled to Berkhamsted to play their seconds in the penultimate fixture in Division Five. Having won the toss, John Wells el
A Datchworth bowler nabbed six wickets in all three three of the club's Saracens Herts League fixtures on Saturday.
The first XI travelled to Berkhamsted to play their seconds in the penultimate fixture in Division Five.
Having won the toss, John Wells elected to bat, hoping that the promotion-seeking hosts would attempt to chase whatever Datchworth posted. After being 43-3, opener Luke Bennett and captain Wells (27) took the score to 105. The lower order collapsed with three quick wickets, and then Bennett followed having made a steady 77 to leave the score 146-8.
The visitors posted 169 all out from 51 overs while Darren James finished with 6-62, having bowled unchanged for 26 overs. Steve Nash then finished with 6-40 from 12 overs, and Steve Stroomer 3-43 as Berkhamsted fell 29 runs short.
* The second XI hosted Luton Town and Indians thirds. After choosing to bat, Datchworth posted a low total of 144 all out, with the Warrington brothers putting on 58 for the second wicket. Stuart (25) was bowled but Rob went on to make 58.
Stand-in-skipper Simon Little also knocked 25 but none of the others reached double figures.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
A great fielding performance encouraged Gary Hyams (4-38) and Simon Little (6-20) as Luton ended up 104 all out.
Andy Draper was the leading wicket-taker in the third team's victory over Welwyn Garden City fifths.
Draper clean bowled four of his victims as Welwyn GC were skittled for just 98, chasing Datchworth's 128. Ray Edwards was the only batsman of note, making 32.