Sir Trevor wows the crowds as Eagles build for future
A former West Ham and England footballing legend delighted the crowds in Letchworth Garden City when he opened new changing facilities. Sir Trevor Brooking CBE, the FA s director of football development, opened the new changing rooms of Letchworth GC Eagl
A former West Ham and England footballing legend delighted the crowds in Letchworth Garden City when he opened new changing facilities.
Sir Trevor Brooking CBE, the FA's director of football development, opened the new changing rooms of Letchworth GC Eagles last Wednesday.
He was assisted by Dylan Roberts from the club's under-sevens and Kieran Smith of the under-11s, and watched by many parents and players.
Club chairman Tony Eden welcomed guests including former team managers, volunteers and founder members of the club in 1979.
You may also want to watch:
Eden thanked parents for their support and Letchworth GC Heritage Foundation for providing substantial financial support to enable the club to attract grant funding from the Football Foundation.
Sir Trevor also spoke about grassroots football and congratulated the club on its new facilities.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
After the opening ceremony, Sir Trevor joined other guests at a reception and later on a tour of the new building.
The day was celebrated by a mini-soccer festival for under-sevens, eights, nines and 10s. Each player received a special medal celebrating the event donated by club sponsor KLM Trophies of Letchworth.