Shefford angling family have another good weekend at Manor Farm fishery
Coarse fishing is going well on the Damsel (trout) Lake at Manor Farm fishery near Biggleswade. Anglers are catching some excellent bags of bream, roach and a few tench. Best methods are feeder fished maggot or sweetcorn, although float is also catching.
Coarse fishing is going well on the Damsel (trout) Lake at Manor Farm fishery near Biggleswade.
Anglers are catching some excellent bags of bream, roach and a few tench.
Best methods are feeder fished maggot or sweetcorn, although float is also catching.
Line and hooks need to be set light to pick up all of the takes.
An open match is being run this Saturday, with a 1pm draw and fishing from 2-7pm.
Please call to book your place on 01767 317835.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
The Kersey family of Shefford had another good weekend on the Becks Lake catching 30-40 carp between 10-16lbs on the A&M crab boilie with popup sweetcorn, and a PVA bag of halibut pellet and hemp. This type of catch is occurring regularly on this lake.
Also some excellent roach to 1lb are being landed on pellet, and bream to 12lb on sweetcorn.
Barry Kersey followed this up by fishing the Carp Lake on the following night and landed six fish to 18lb on Rosehip boilies with a pva bag of pellets.
Surface fishing in the evenings is also going well but presentation is key.
Winters Lake has only had a few catches this week, probably due to fewer anglers. Saturday night saw a 16lb and 18lb carp landed on the ever popular A&M crab boilies.
Night fishing is available on the Carp, Becks and Winters Lakes but must be booked in advance.
For mixed and pleasure fishing, the Canal continues to perform well for float fished pellet, corn or maggot. Best results are with small hooks and light line, 5lb max.
Joe Worboys is pictured with a typical carp landed out of the Canal at the weekend.
Blunham Lake gives more of a challenge with fishing switching off during the heat of the day.
Single figure carp, tench and roach have all been landed using a variety of methods including luncheon meat, floating biscuit or maggot fished along the ledge a rod's length out.
For more information, call or go to www.manorfarmfishing.co.uk