Sharks rule the pool
Letchworth Sharks won the latest meeting on Saturday to stay top of the Chiltern League. The Sharks beat Hemel Hempstead into second place, with Aylesbury, Putteridge, Kidlington and Abingdon Vale also taking part. Fiona Thornton was swimmer of the gala,
Letchworth Sharks won the latest meeting on Saturday to stay top of the Chiltern League.
The Sharks beat Hemel Hempstead into second place, with Aylesbury, Putteridge, Kidlington and Abingdon Vale also taking part. Fiona Thornton was swimmer of the gala, setting new personal best times in freestyle and breaststroke which she won.
James Smith won both his backstroke and breaststroke races, as did Georgina Quayle.
Ellie Hardy won her freestyle event, Sebastian DeTrafford came first in breaststroke, Mike Hardy won his butterfly race, Leah Mealing won the ladies' open breaststroke and brother and sister Paul and Claire Foster both won the individual medley races.
The girls' 14-years-old team of Ashleigh Godfrey, Kate Nicholson, Leah Mealing and Lucy Keen won the freestyle relay in a new club record time and Ashleigh, Lucy, Leah and Georgina Quayle won the 14 years medley relay.
The boys' 10 years team of Christian DeTrafford, James Thomson, Joseph Pridmore and Sam Cook won their medley relay, as did the boys' 14 years team of Tom Plater, Sebastian DeTrafford, Mike Hardy and Ryan Murphy.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
Their other winners on the night were the girls' 12 years team of Georgina Godfrey, Ellie Hardy, Imogen DeTrafford and Nicola Sissons in the freestyle relay.
Personal best times were set by Annabel Bexfield, Imogen DeTrafford, Arthur Thomson, Nicola Sissons, Mike Levet, Sebastian DeTrafford, Robyn Godfrey and Nick Ledwold in their individual events.