Sharks lose to Buntingford
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Buntingford for the Ware Novice Trophy on Saturday. Bishop s Stortford, hosts Ware and Bushey were also competing in the swim gala. The under-17s girls team of Amber Brough, Eloise Skinner, Holly Marshall, Katrina Bush
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Buntingford for the Ware Novice Trophy on Saturday.
Bishop's Stortford, hosts Ware and Bushey were also competing in the swim gala.
The under-17s girls' team of Amber Brough, Eloise Skinner, Holly Marshall, Katrina Bush and Ashleigh Godfrey won both their relay events in new club record times.
Amber also won her backstroke event in a new club record, with Eloise, Holly and Katrina all setting club records in their individual events.
The boys' under-17 team broke records with swimmer of the gala Mitchell Cartwright achieving the freestyle club record, Paul Foster the backstroke and breaststroke records and Bradley Cartwright the butterfly standard.
Other personal best times were set by Ben R Taylor, Emma Whinray-Edwards, Tom Plater, Arthur Thomson, Alice Turner, Graham Birch, Ryan Murphy, Jacob Myner and Hayley Smith.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
The squadron team of Sarah Plater, James Thomson, Lottie Cartwright, Michael Levet, Ashleigh Godfrey, Paul Foster, Amber Brough and Bradley Cartwright won the final event of the evening to cap a fine gala for the Sharks.