Sharks lose to Buntingford
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Buntingford for the Ware Novice Trophy on Saturday. Bishop s Stortford, hosts Ware and Bushey were also competing in the swim gala. The under-17s girls team of Amber Brough, Eloise Skinner, Holly Marshall, Katrina Bush
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Buntingford for the Ware Novice Trophy on Saturday.
Bishop's Stortford, hosts Ware and Bushey were also competing in the swim gala.
The under-17s girls' team of Amber Brough, Eloise Skinner, Holly Marshall, Katrina Bush and Ashleigh Godfrey won both their relay events in new club record times.
Amber also won her backstroke event in a new club record, with Eloise, Holly and Katrina all setting club records in their individual events.
You may also want to watch:
The boys' under-17 team broke records with swimmer of the gala Mitchell Cartwright achieving the freestyle club record, Paul Foster the backstroke and breaststroke records and Bradley Cartwright the butterfly standard.
Other personal best times were set by Ben R Taylor, Emma Whinray-Edwards, Tom Plater, Arthur Thomson, Alice Turner, Graham Birch, Ryan Murphy, Jacob Myner and Hayley Smith.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
The squadron team of Sarah Plater, James Thomson, Lottie Cartwright, Michael Levet, Ashleigh Godfrey, Paul Foster, Amber Brough and Bradley Cartwright won the final event of the evening to cap a fine gala for the Sharks.