Sharks devour the opposition
Letchworth Sharks gained promotion to Division Two of the Herts League with a hard-fought second place in the last meet. They finished just behind league champions Welwyn Garden City but beat St Albans, Buntingford, Fifolits and Kings Langley. Sharks are
Letchworth Sharks gained promotion to Division Two of the Herts League with a hard-fought second place in the last meet.
They finished just behind league champions Welwyn Garden City but beat St Albans, Buntingford, Fifolits and Kings Langley.
Sharks are having their best season for many years so far in 2007.
They are also top of the Chiltern League with one round to go and are looking forward to the Herts Peanuts League for their under-13 squad.
You may also want to watch:
On a night of outstanding performances, Rachel Brown was swimmer of the gala for winning her freestyle race and coming second in the butterfly - both swims were new personal best times.
Amber Brough and Paul Foster won their freestyle events in new best times, Jacob Myner came first in breaststroke in a new best as did Georgina Quayle in butterfly who also broke the club record for freestyle. Ricky Cortis broke the under-16 backstroke club record in a personal best time.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
New best times were set by Christian deTrafford and Mike Levet in freestyle, Graham Birch, Erin Tomlin and Ashleigh Godfrey in backstroke, Hayley Smith, Nick Ledwold and Sebastian deTrafford in breaststroke and Graham Birch, Nick Ledwold, Robyn Maybank and Bradley Cartwright.
Among many second and third places in the relay events, the under-12 girls' team of Imogen deTrafford, Hayley Smith, Rachel Brown and Sarah Plater won their medley event.
The trophies were presented to the senior captains, Robyn Maybank and Dominic Bush (pictured left), by guest of honour Alan Bowell.