Hitchin-based triathlon club FVS TRI opened the season in style at the Cambridge Duathlon. The club had an overall race win, two age group wins and two silvers. Steve Harrison won the overall event in a time of 1-49:18 for the 7.5k run, 35k bike and 7.5k
Hitchin-based triathlon club FVS TRI opened the season in style at the Cambridge Duathlon.
The club had an overall race win, two age group wins and two silvers.
Steve Harrison won the overall event in a time of 1-49:18 for the 7.5k run, 35k bike and 7.5k run in difficult wet and windy conditions.
Veterans Brian White and Jackie Perry were winners in the 50-54 and 45-50 age groups respectively, with Lesley Dutton and Gemma Sargent taking second places in the 45-49 and 25-29 age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma was actually promoted to age group winner for the prizes as the winner of the age group accepted third prize overall in the women's race.
Robbie Laughton was third home for the club, improving on his finishing position last year with 2-16:25 for 40th place.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
Ed Manson, Ryan Johnson and Greg Evans tried the discipline for the first time.
Times: Stephen Harrison 1-49:18, Brian White 2-04:21, Robbie Laughton 2-16:25, Drew Lowrie 2-21:49, Gerry Corrance 2-25:34, Jackie Perry 2-26:17, Gemma Sargent 2-26:50, Edward Manson 2-29:38, Lesley Dutton 2-31:19, Greg Evans 2-35:44, Paul Dutton 2-38:50, Ryan Johnson 2-39:59.
Mark Robertson was first home for the club at the Flitwick 10k in a new best time of 35:47 for 18th place overall.
Pete Bardell was 55th in 38:59, and Simon Shaw returned to racing after a long injury lay-off to finish 195th in 44:53 with an identical time to new member Shawn Reader who was given 196th.
Four members from FVS Tri paired up for the Team MK Astwood Open 2 Up Cycle Time Trial on an undulating 20-mile two-lap loop around Astwood and North Crawley just outside Cranfield.
On a cold and windy afternoon, David Hard and Kevin Ash were first home in a time of 54:03, with Kevin Smart and Tim Smith limping home in 62:17, after Tim suffered an injury around the 15-mile mark.