Sam and Freddy are young stars
Samantha Cutler from Stotfold was a winner in the Bedfordshire County Championships at Bedford on Sunday. She won the under-17 women s 1500m race to come away with a gold medal. Barclay School pupil Freddy Briffitt followed in his uncle s medal-winning fo
Samantha Cutler from Stotfold was a winner in the Bedfordshire County Championships at Bedford on Sunday. She won the under-17 women's 1500m race to come away with a gold medal.
Barclay School pupil Freddy Briffitt followed in his uncle's medal-winning footsteps with silver in the under-13 boys' shot at the Herts AAA championships on Sunday at the Woodside Stadium, Watford.
His uncle, Robert Briffitt, won more than 12 gold medals at the Herts AAA championships for shot, discus and hammer during the 1980s.
Freddy competed as an unattached athlete in his first ever competition.
You may also want to watch:
His achievement was all the more remarkable considering the fact that he was competing in an age group a year older than his own.
Freddy is coached by his dad, Fred, who also won silver at the Herts AAA champs two years ago.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs