Saints claim all the points
North and Mid Herts Football League St Ippolyts beat Woolmer Green 4-0 in a top of the table Premier clash. Richard Green, Ryan Foster, Graham Austin and Roberto David saw Saints earn all three points. In the Benevolent Shield, Magnum beat Redbourn 4-1 th
North and Mid Herts Football League
St Ippolyts beat Woolmer Green 4-0 in a top of the table Premier clash.
Richard Green, Ryan Foster, Graham Austin and Roberto David saw Saints earn all three points.
In the Benevolent Shield, Magnum beat Redbourn 4-1 thanks to Trevor Long's hat-trick and one for Gary Wallace.
Baldock scored eight in beating Whitwell 8-1. Their goals came from Mark Nunn (two), Adam Shelley, Harry Holland (two), Michael Masters (two) and Lewis Wilshire.
And in the Greg Cup, Fairlands moved into the second round by beating Westwell 5-1 with goals from Kenny Liggett, Dave Holmes, Carl Lingwood and Ross Braine (two).
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
AFC Santos were 6-1 winners over Bedwell Rangers Res.
The first half was poor from both teams on a heavy pitch.
Nuno Canteiro scored early on but a mistake 10 minutes later from Sean Thompson let in Bedwell to equalise.
AFC Santos came out again fired up and Canteiro soon completed his hat-trick. Sub Mitch Crook, on for Canteiro, scored twice before Matt Arlick made it 6-1.
In the Division One North Cup, Wilbury Wanderers scored three goals without reply against Benington. There was a goal each for Richard Pearson, Dean Smith and John Strahan.
Saturday, November 18
Greg Cup: AFC Santos 6 Bedwell Rangers Res 1, Westwell 1 Fairlands 5.
Benevolent Shield: Magnum 4 Redbourn 1, Baldock Town 8 Whitwell Village 1.
Premier Division: Woolmer Green 0 St Ippolyts 4.
Division One North Cup: Benington 0 Wilbury Wanderers 3.
Saturday, November 25
Greg Cup second round: St Ippolyts v Magnum.
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Colney Heath, Whitwell v Woolmer Green.
Division One North: Bedwell Rangers Res v Wilbury Wanderers, Benington v Fairlands, Kimpton Rovers Res v City Hearts, Westwell v AFC Santos, Woolmer Green Res v Baldock Town Res.