Sachin Tendulkar to visit Hitchin
ONE of the world s biggest cricket superstars is coming to Hitchin this Sunday – and you could have the chance to meet him. Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar will be at Hitchin Town Hall from midday for a two-hour session thanks to a link up with Hitchin Cri
ONE of the world's biggest cricket superstars is coming to Hitchin this Sunday - and you could have the chance to meet him.
Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar will be at Hitchin Town Hall from midday for a two-hour session thanks to a link up with Hitchin Cricket Club.
Tendulkar, who has made a world record 39 Test centuries, will answer questions from his lifelong pal and current Hitchin overseas player Atul Ranade, as well as general ones from the gathered audience.
There will also be an auction for the chance to win signed memorabilia including an India ODI shirt and one of his bats.
Those who come to this event will also have the chance to take home a signed picture of Sachin as a keepsake of the day.
The visit is part of Hitchin Cricket Club's attempts to raise the profile of the club and development of a colts section alongside the club's facilities.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 5 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
Tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity can be reserved in advance.
They are available from Dave Moore on 07733 116564 or Ian Mills on 07770 990074. Tickets cost £20 for adults and £10 for under-16s accompanied by an adult.
Any remaining tickets will be available on the door on the day.
The Raj Douth indian restaurant in Hitchin is sponsoring the event.
And little more than 24 hours later, one of the icons of English cricket, Graham Gooch OBE, is in Letchworth Garden City.
'Goochie', the former Essex and England opener and captain, is regarded as one of this country's greatest ever batsmen.
He is the guest speaker for a sportsman's dinner at Letchworth Rugby Club on Monday night. Call Peter Marsden for one of the last remaining tickets on 01462 835163.