MATTHEW Jamieson was the first Fairlands Valley Spartans finisher in Sunday s undulating Flitwick 10k road race. He was 107th out of 841 finishers in 41:37 and Jim Brown was not far behind to be second Spartan in 41:41. Times: Matthew Jamieson 41:37, Jim
MATTHEW Jamieson was the first Fairlands Valley Spartans finisher in Sunday's undulating Flitwick 10k road race.
He was 107th out of 841 finishers in 41:37 and Jim Brown was not far behind to be second Spartan in 41:41.
Times: Matthew Jamieson 41:37, Jim Brown 41:41, Steve Smithson 42:31, Paul Maguire 43:46, Paul Holgate 49:14, Tony Osborne 49:39, Sharon Crowley 52:45, Nikki Nation 53:39, Von Maguire 53:40, Mark Drummond 54:08, Lina Porecha 61:20.
Mike Newbitt encountered wet and windy conditions for the Bath Beat Off Road Marathon on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
This went into the Somerset countryside from the outskirts of Bath on a mixture of tracks, footpaths and minor roads. He finished in 6-19:30.
He was in action again on Sunday in the Pewsey Downdsaround Off Road Marathon and Ultra event.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
This went into the lovely Wiltshire countryside from the village of Pewsey with glorious views across the Marlborough Downs once the fog cleared.
Three Spartans - Kevin Lawlor, Dave and Carol Paul - tackled the 35-mile Ultra event together and finished in 8-19:42.
In the marathon, Newbitt finished in 5-42:18, Roger Biggs in 6-00:11 and Dave Carter in 6-58:17.
Mark and Michaela Sanders went to Bonn to enjoy the two-lap, fairly flat course marathon.
His time of 4-12:36 was not only a season's best by more than 20 minutes, but his second fastest marathon time ever. Michaela finished in 4-46:51.
Simon Bell ran a 10-mile road race at Bruggen in Germany on Sunday. He was first veteran and fourth overall in 56:52.
Phil Gale ran the Puma Hawkshead 15k Trail Race on Saturday. His time was 1-14:16 and he was 49th out of 590 finishers.
* Sam Cutler from Stotfold had a fantastic race at the Flitwick 10k.
There were 841 finishers and the Clifton schoolgirl finished 211th overall with a time of 45:06.
Out of 277 women finishers, she was the 11th lady home.
She was first junior lady in only her second 10k and she took nearly five minutes off her personal best.
Sam was the youngest competitor and was really pleased to do so well in such a high-class field.