Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth played their first Colts fixture at a sunny but windy Royston on Sunday in the first game of the season for both sides.
It was very clear as Letchworth kicked off into a strong breeze that the game was going to be a release of pent-up testosterone, within the first five minutes there had been some huge tackles made.
Letchworth maintained the territorial advantage initially scoring first. After that the lead changed hands several times with Royston a couple tries clear at half time.
The intensity continued into the second half with no quarter given as with the wind Letchworth came back despite Royston crossing the Letchworth line.
Heading into the last quarter the physicality was maintained with Letchworth ultimately winning 36-21.
You may also want to watch:
This was a superb advert for Colts rugby with both sides equally matched, part two will take place at Letchworth on Sunday for the return fixture.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'