Rokermen win at a canter
Desborough 0 Stotfold 3 Stotfold were ultimately comfortable winners at Desborough on Saturday. A shot cleared off the line for a corner led to the first goal of the afternoon when Andrew Iwediuno sneaked into the box and headed down Paul Garrett s corner
Desborough 0 Stotfold 3
Stotfold were ultimately comfortable winners at Desborough on Saturday.
A shot cleared off the line for a corner led to the first goal of the afternoon when Andrew Iwediuno sneaked into the box and headed down Paul Garrett's corner on seven minutes.
A half chance for Richard Forbes was volleyed straight at Brad Gillham and Michael Tolton's shot from the right was cleared off the line by Scott Rennie just after the half hour mark.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Mitchell's cross was headed off the upright by a Desborough defender and shortly after, Tolton came close to getting the next goal when he stretched to put a low cross from the left over the bar from inside the six-yard box on 43 minutes.
Stotfold's second came when Iwediuno ran through the middle towards the box and played the ball out to Russell Bull on the right whose scuffed shot rolled in at the far post on the stroke of half time.
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 5 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 8 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
The visitors started the second half by conceding too many free-kicks around the box, fortunately none of which found their way through to goal.
But on 64 minutes Desborough were given a chance to get back into the game from the penalty spot when Jamie Taylor held back Alan Campbell.
Gillham unusually guessed the right way and held on to deny Iain Blackie pulling one back.
The third goal came again from a corner, this time Rob Beckwith heading in at the near post on 70 minutes.
Garrett came close to making it four after Neil Smith pounced on a defensive slip and played the ball into the middle but a good block deflected a shot wide.
Rokermen: Gillham, Rennie, Iwediuno (Smith), Taylor, Cottenden (Fitton), Beckwith, Mitchell, Fraser, Bull, Garrett, Aldrin (P Donnelly).