Rokermen slump at home to Saints
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4 Stotfold s third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night. The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett s free-kick from the right was headed down
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4
Stotfold's third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night.
The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett's free-kick from the right was headed down and past Ben Houseago by Scott Rennie running into the six-yard box on 20 minutes.
The lead was shortlived, however, as eight minutes later, Declan Rogers took the ball into the box from the left and fired the ball under Clive Weatherall, in for the unavailable Brad Gillham, at the near post.
The visitors took the lead on 35 minutes when Jamie Steele flicked in a cross from the left, with Stotfold's only real chances being a couple of shots from Alex Fraser and Brett Donnelly from the edge of the box.
The second half got worse for Stotfold on 51 minutes when Keith Thomas slid into the box to meet a low cross from the left.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 3 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
With some desperate defending at times, the Rokermen struggled to keep hold of the ball and after Ben Dyett had hit the underside of the bar, Thomas grabbed his second on 83 minutes.
Rokermen: Weatherall, Rennie, P Donnelly, Taylor (Bull), Cottenden, Hull, Fraser, Beckwith, B Donnelly, Bryant (Fitton), Garrett (Smith).