Rokermen slump at home to Saints
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4 Stotfold s third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night. The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett s free-kick from the right was headed down
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4
Stotfold's third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night.
The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett's free-kick from the right was headed down and past Ben Houseago by Scott Rennie running into the six-yard box on 20 minutes.
The lead was shortlived, however, as eight minutes later, Declan Rogers took the ball into the box from the left and fired the ball under Clive Weatherall, in for the unavailable Brad Gillham, at the near post.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead on 35 minutes when Jamie Steele flicked in a cross from the left, with Stotfold's only real chances being a couple of shots from Alex Fraser and Brett Donnelly from the edge of the box.
The second half got worse for Stotfold on 51 minutes when Keith Thomas slid into the box to meet a low cross from the left.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
With some desperate defending at times, the Rokermen struggled to keep hold of the ball and after Ben Dyett had hit the underside of the bar, Thomas grabbed his second on 83 minutes.
Rokermen: Weatherall, Rennie, P Donnelly, Taylor (Bull), Cottenden, Hull, Fraser, Beckwith, B Donnelly, Bryant (Fitton), Garrett (Smith).