Rokermen slump at home to Saints
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4 Stotfold s third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night. The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett s free-kick from the right was headed down
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4
Stotfold's third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night.
The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett's free-kick from the right was headed down and past Ben Houseago by Scott Rennie running into the six-yard box on 20 minutes.
The lead was shortlived, however, as eight minutes later, Declan Rogers took the ball into the box from the left and fired the ball under Clive Weatherall, in for the unavailable Brad Gillham, at the near post.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead on 35 minutes when Jamie Steele flicked in a cross from the left, with Stotfold's only real chances being a couple of shots from Alex Fraser and Brett Donnelly from the edge of the box.
The second half got worse for Stotfold on 51 minutes when Keith Thomas slid into the box to meet a low cross from the left.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
With some desperate defending at times, the Rokermen struggled to keep hold of the ball and after Ben Dyett had hit the underside of the bar, Thomas grabbed his second on 83 minutes.
Rokermen: Weatherall, Rennie, P Donnelly, Taylor (Bull), Cottenden, Hull, Fraser, Beckwith, B Donnelly, Bryant (Fitton), Garrett (Smith).