Rokermen slump at home to Saints
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4 Stotfold s third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night. The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett s free-kick from the right was headed down
Stotfold 1 St Neots 4
Stotfold's third league defeat of the season came at the hands of surprise UCL strugglers St Neots on Tuesday night.
The Rokermen actually took the lead in the 20th minute when Paul Garrett's free-kick from the right was headed down and past Ben Houseago by Scott Rennie running into the six-yard box on 20 minutes.
The lead was shortlived, however, as eight minutes later, Declan Rogers took the ball into the box from the left and fired the ball under Clive Weatherall, in for the unavailable Brad Gillham, at the near post.
The visitors took the lead on 35 minutes when Jamie Steele flicked in a cross from the left, with Stotfold's only real chances being a couple of shots from Alex Fraser and Brett Donnelly from the edge of the box.
The second half got worse for Stotfold on 51 minutes when Keith Thomas slid into the box to meet a low cross from the left.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
With some desperate defending at times, the Rokermen struggled to keep hold of the ball and after Ben Dyett had hit the underside of the bar, Thomas grabbed his second on 83 minutes.
Rokermen: Weatherall, Rennie, P Donnelly, Taylor (Bull), Cottenden, Hull, Fraser, Beckwith, B Donnelly, Bryant (Fitton), Garrett (Smith).