Rokermen make visiting Cuckoos pay the penalty
Stotfold 2 Yaxley 1 The Eagles won through to the first round of the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night. They came out on top at home to Yaxley in a meeting of two below-strength teams at Roker Park. Stotfold went ahead after six minutes when Mark Bryant
Stotfold 2 Yaxley 1
The Eagles won through to the first round of the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night.
They came out on top at home to Yaxley in a meeting of two below-strength teams at Roker Park.
Stotfold went ahead after six minutes when Mark Bryant's cross was headed in by Nathan Moulton.
Liam Harrold equalised after 33 minutes, converting Dan Jacobs' centre from the left.
Parity lasted only four minutes before Michael White fouled Bryant in the box and Neil Smith's spot-kick squirmed under Cuckoos goalkeeper John Feetham's body.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Yaxley should have levelled late on but Anthony Thomas fired over after Brad Gillham spilled a Ricky Hailstone free-kick.