Rokermen are leapfrogged
Stotfold were leapfrogged by St Ives in the UCL Premier Division table after losing 2-1 in Cambridgeshire on Tuesday night. The home team were on top after a poor Stotfold first-half performance but still found themselves a goal down when Kane Dougherty p
Stotfold were leapfrogged by St Ives in the UCL Premier Division table after losing 2-1 in Cambridgeshire on Tuesday night.
The home team were on top after a poor Stotfold first-half performance but still found themselves a goal down when Kane Dougherty pounced on Will Fordham's poor header back and calmly lifted the ball over the keeper on 15 minutes.
Liam Kennett's move down the left beat the offside trap and his cross-shot across the box was met at the far post by Scott Fielding to put in the equaliser six minutes later. Then after a good save from Clive Weatherall to deny former Football League hitman Junior McDougald, Saints took the lead on 38 minutes when Kennett flicked Fielding's corner to the near post across the goal and in at the far post.
Stotfold were relieved to go in at half time just one goal behind after Kennett's cross from the right came back off the crossbar. Despite a better start to the second half, Stotfold could not convert early chances from Dougherty and Paul Garrett.
You may also want to watch:
Rokermen: Weatherall, Fraser, P Donnelly, Shambrook (C Donnelly), Hull, Bryant, Beckwith, Lochhead, Dougherty, Moulton, Garrett.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death