Rokermen are denied full points
Stotfold were denied just their fifth league win of the campaign by a late equaliser. The Rokermen had to be content with a 1-1 draw from Saturday s visit of Desborough. Starting the first half with the wind behind them, Stotfold created the better chance
Stotfold were denied just their fifth league win of the campaign by a late equaliser.
The Rokermen had to be content with a 1-1 draw from Saturday's visit of Desborough. Starting the first half with the wind behind them, Stotfold created the better chances.
New signing Tawhid Juneja came close in the first five minutes by heading Ryan Nichol's free-kick from the right just wide of the upright. A few minutes later, Ian Thorne's volley through a crowded box was cleared off the line.
The visitors' best chance in the half came from Mark Forbes' shot from distance over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
A forceful run from Thorne into the box five minutes before the break should have been rewarded with at least a shot on target but lack of support meant his ball across the face of goal was wasted.
The second half was a more open contest with Nigel Blower parrying Michael Sneddon's shot from the right at the near post.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 10 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
This was quickly followed by Thorne putting a great ball across goal at the other end which just evaded Ricky Case's outstretched boot.
The breakthrough came on the hour mark when Joe Philbin's cutback from the left was glanced into the far corner of the net by the head of Nichol.
Despite a good strike straight at Desborough keeper Sean Allen from Thorne and Callum Donnelly's header from distance over the bar, Stotfold just could not find the comfort of a second goal.
Then after a debatable handball decision on the left flank, Jamie O'Neill headed in the equaliser with a minute remaining.
Rokermen: Blower, Taylor, Philbin, Drury, Juneja, Lee (Hull), Nichol, Kennoy, Thorne, Dance (C Donnelly), Case.