Roebuck’s title hunt
Roebuck Bowls Club are again looking for success at Worthing in the EBA National Finals. A mixed four comprising Sue Brackley, Barbara Albrecht, Stuart Cook and Martin Brackley (skip) contest the last 16 of the competition this Saturday. They will be foll
Roebuck Bowls Club are again looking for success at Worthing in the EBA National Finals.
A mixed four comprising Sue Brackley, Barbara Albrecht, Stuart Cook and Martin Brackley (skip) contest the last 16 of the competition this Saturday.
They will be followed by Steve Kilford who participates in the first round of the singles finals next Thursday.
Steve's opponent is Brett Morley, an England international from Nottinghamshire.
# Hitchin Town hosted a friendly against Fairfield on Saturday despite the ominous black clouds overhead.
Heavy showers in the first half of the match made conditions difficult for both teams.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 8 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
Fairfield eventually dominated on all four rinks with a comfortable winning margin of 50 shots (45-95).
Rink one: B Marsden, N MacLeod, A Cook lost 7-18.
Rink two: R Cole, D Conder, A Hill lost 15-21.
Rink three: J Porter, G Munge, W Harrison lost 10-30.
Rink four: J Bearman, N Parke, L Lane lost 13-26.
Hitchin's midweek bowlers took a team of men to Luton Co-Op last Tuesday and were beaten by 19 shots (69-50), losing on three out of the four rinks on a difficult green.
Rink three: Stan Hearne, Steve Ingram, John Porter lost 26-7.
Rink four: Roger Andrews, Derek Conder, Geoff Munge lost 15-10.
Rink five: Sid Wheatley, Neil MacLeod, Bill Harrison lost 14-18.
Rink six: Roy Cole, Ken Porter, Les Lane won 19-10.
Their return match with Baldock, due to be played at Bancroft Park last Thursday, was called off due to torrential rain during the afternoon.