The men from Riverain Bowls Club were unsuccessful in the national championships at Nottingham. The rink of Mick Allen, Martin Brackley, Darren Hickin and skip Tony Webb lost in the second round by 16 shots (10-26) to a team from hosts Nottingham. This wa
The men from Riverain Bowls Club were unsuccessful in the national championships at Nottingham.
The rink of Mick Allen, Martin Brackley, Darren Hickin and skip Tony Webb lost in the second round by 16 shots (10-26) to a team from hosts Nottingham.
This was followed by the triples with Allen, Brackley and skip Webb losing to a team from Illminster by six shots (14-20).
Then to cap it all, Webb lost his singles by 12 shots (9-21) to D Hanmore from Angel.
You may also want to watch:
The end-of-season Riverain club finals were held all last week and into the weekend.
The results were:
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Ladies' singles: winner: Shirley Page; runner-up Shirley Hughes.
Men's singles: winner: Tony Webb; runner-up: Richard Andrews.
Ladies' pairs: winners Stephanie Hoare and Heather Stapleford; runners-up: Maureen George and Jackie Milton.
Men's pairs: winners: Martin Brackley and Ian Perton; runners-up: Tom Power and Mike Mahoney.
Mixed pairs: winners: Muriel Saunders and Terry Godden; runners-up: Jane Saunders and Terry Saunders.
Men's triples: winners - Dave Betts, John O'dell and Raymond Smith; runners-up: Wynne Evans, Richard Andrews and Ian Randall
Ladies' triples: winners - Val Bacon, Gwen Page and Mina Reid; runners-up: Enid Newman, Dorothy Whitlock and Shirley Hughes.
Mixed pairs: winners: Yvonne Hull and Graham Albone; runners-up: Shirley Hughes and Ray Hughes.
Men's triples: winners: Tom Power, Mike Mahoney and Les Parsley; runners-up: Derek Ellis, Keith Young and Mick Cave.
Mixed fours: winners: Peter Hull Marion Beaumont, Yvonne Hull and Brian Beaumont; runners-up: Jean Lock, John Fabris, Ron Lock and Angie Fabris.