Riverain dig deep
RIVERAIN Bowls Club were seventh overall in the JCB Top Ten Trophy at Folkestone IBC over the Easter weekend. Fourteen teams took part in this tournament, comprising singles, pairs, triples and fours. Tony Webb came second in the singles, winning five of
RIVERAIN Bowls Club were seventh overall in the JCB Top Ten Trophy at Folkestone IBC over the Easter weekend.
Fourteen teams took part in this tournament, comprising singles, pairs, triples and fours.
Tony Webb came second in the singles, winning five of his six matches and with a positive shot difference of an impressive 43.
In the pairs, Alan Cross, Alan Warren and extra person used Terry Godden came 10th, winning two of their six matches.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Cawdell, Tom Cawdell and Jim Allen were ninth in the triples, winning half of their six matches.
In the fours, Mick Allen, Bob Ashby, Mick O'flanagan, Darren Hickin and extra person used Terry Saunders came 10th, winning two of their six matches.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 10 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
Riverain won by 13 shots (124-111) in their midweek friendly against Cheshunt.
Skips names only: Mina Reid won 27-12, Mike Mahoney lost 18-20, Tom Power drew 22-22, Roger Shinner lost 16-26, Sam Skinner won 18-17, Mike Hammond won 23-14.
Riverain had mixed fortunes in weekend friendlies against North West Essex Bowling Association and Stewartby.
They lost by 18 shots (101-119) against the North West Essex Bowling Association.
Skips names only: Steve Chamberlain lost 17-20, Doug Major won 27-13, Colin Smith lost 13-19, Roger Shinner lost 15-23, Sam Skinner lost 13-23, David Webb lost 16-21.
But they managed to beat Stewartby by 51 shots (141-90) in another match.
Skips names only: Paul Bryant won 22-16, Brian Mills won 40-8, Doug Major won 17-15, Pat Clark won 28-12, Gordon Papworth lost 15-22, Joan Papworth won 19-17.
* Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC were winners against Royston.
They won on four of the six rinks and overall by 19 shots (128-109). Their highest rink was that of Sue Cole, Aidan Heritage, Phoebe Erne and Colin Cole (skip).
* Herts IBA toured Nottinghamshire as the season drew to an end over the weekend.
Results: Herts 170 Rushcliffe IBC 180; Herts 104 Notts CIBA 148; Herts bt Erewash IBC; Herts 149 Warwickshire county side 156.