TWO bikers are gearing up for even more success in 2009. Gary Smith and Vince Williams ride for Echelon Ducati, sponsored by Echelon Consultancy from Welwyn Garden City. The season has been a successful one for the team in the New Era Championship in the
TWO bikers are gearing up for even more success in 2009.
Gary Smith and Vince Williams ride for Echelon Ducati, sponsored by Echelon Consultancy from Welwyn Garden City.
The season has been a successful one for the team in the New Era Championship in the Sound of Thunder class and Pro Bike class.
Their bikes were both built and maintained by SDC Performance UK Ltd on the Bowmans Trading Estate in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
Smith started the season on a Ducati 998r, changing mid season to a new Ducati 1098 in the Sound of Thunder class.
Williams was racing a Yamaha R1 in the Pro Bike class for the first half of the season, then joining Smith on the second Echelon Ducati 1098s at the halfway point in the season.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Smith took the championship at the last round at Pembrey in Wales, while Williams managed to secure fifth place after suffering a seized gearbox in practice.
Smith said: "It's been a great year for the team, and a steep learning curve for us on the new 1098 Ducatis.
"But with both bikes been prepared by SDC Performance in Stevenage, we stood a good chance of winning the championship which we did in the last race."
Williams added: "After starting the year on the Yamaha R1, it was a challenge to get the Ducati up to race spec with handling etc. But SDC have done a great job for us and it was a great result for the team to have both bikes finish in the top five."
They are looking for extra sponsorship for the 2009 season.
If anyone is interested, either call Vince on 01707 396333 or email email@example.com