IN a fantastic action packed weekend, FVS TRI athletes competed in seven events in five different areas of the country! Penny Wylie was first Veteran female in the Weymouth Middle Distance Triathlon in a time of 5:18:35. The sea swim was a very cold 1,900
IN a fantastic action packed weekend, FVS TRI athletes competed in seven events in five different areas of the country!
Penny Wylie was first Veteran female in the Weymouth Middle Distance Triathlon in a time of 5:18:35.
The sea swim was a very cold 1,900m followed by a 56 mile bike ride and half marathon to finish! Penny will be representing GB at the European Long Distance Championships in Holland later in the year and this proved to be a most encouraging first outing.
Also racing over the middle distance in North Wales were four FVS TRI athletes all using the Bala Middle Distance lake based event as build up to the Iron Man Austria event.
Gavin May was first home for the club in 4:09:34 which placed him an excellent 13th from 279 finishers. Gavin will also be joining the GB age group team racing in Holland having completed the July Austria Iron Man event.
Mike Utton was second home for the club in 4:26:39 (36th) followed by Graham Markham (74th) and Darren (Woody) Woodhall (93rd) in 4:43 and 4:49:43 respectively.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 9 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
The busiest venue was at Milton Keynes with the TRIFEST weekend of multi sporting action based around the lake at Emberton Park near Olney.
Around 275 triathletes competed in the main sprint triathlon on Sunday which comprised a 750m lake swim/20k bike ride and 5K run. Boris Chambon was first home for the club in a superb sixth in a time of 1:00:37.
In the veteran race Jackie Perry was first woman in a time of 1:16:56 and was pleased to show early form in her first event of the season. Lesley Dutton was second in the veteran class giving another great one two for FVS TRI.
In the male veteran race Ian Mackerness was also second and a fantastic fifteenth overall in 1:04:22 giving an excellent haul of veteran medals in one weekend.
First timers Nick Downing, Sean Bradley, Zsolt Miklos-Toth were all well placed and will move up to the Olympic distance next month at Milton Keynes.
Coach Mick Clark showed a welcome return to form after a long injury lay off and scored a fine fifth in the club from the 22 who competed.
Paula Adams was pleased with being the second FVS TRI lady in 1:17:24 and will now also concentrate on the longer Olympic distance.