Bedwell Rangers are supporting schools football by offering free after-school training sessions. It is part of the club s initiative to get more children interested in playing football. Two coaches from the club have been running these sessions at Ashtre
Bedwell Rangers are supporting schools' football by offering free after-school training sessions.
It is part of the club's initiative to get more children interested in playing football.
Two coaches from the club have been running these sessions at Ashtree Primary School in Stevenage since September.
Aimed at seven and eight-year-olds, they enable children who might not be able to access sport outside school the opportunity to train and play.
The Year Two and Three children from Ashtree recently played their first competitive game against St Margaret Clitherow School which ended in a 2-2 draw.
The Ashtree team is shown above with the Bedwell Rangers coaches Claire Eden-Walker and Steve Carroll.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
Bedwell Rangers are keen in involve boys and girls of all abilities and are also providing after-school sessions at Longmeadow and Shephall schools.
Other schools in the Stevenage area can also get some free coaching. For further information, please call their schools' liaison officer Claire Eden-Walker on 07949 366667 or visit their website at www.bedwellrangersfc.co.uk
- Three of the Bedwell Rangers teams were on tour over the weekend.
Their under-nine Real team won the Camber Sands tournament in Sussex and were presented with an amazing trophy by Nigel Winterburn (ex-Arsenal and England).
They played seven games against teams from Herts, Essex and Middlesex, scoring 21 goals and conceding only 3.
They won six games and lost one to see them through to the final against Chase from Enfield which they won 1-0.
The boys (shown below) are managed by Stuart Donkin and coached by Mike Hemmings and Darrel McMullen.