Potton versus Totton!
Potton United s footballers face their biggest match of the season this Saturday. The Royals have home advantage in the FA Carlsberg Vase fourth round. AFC Totton are the visitors and Potton will be hoping to reach the fifth round for the first time since
Potton United's footballers face their biggest match of the season this Saturday.
The Royals have home advantage in the FA Carlsberg Vase fourth round.
AFC Totton are the visitors and Potton will be hoping to reach the fifth round for the first time since 1990 when they went out 1-0 to Billericay.
A fine second-half performance from the Royals secured three valuable league points against mid-table Holbeach on Saturday in a 4-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
Potton took an 11th minute lead when an 18-yard shot from Mark Bryant found its way through a crowded penalty area and into the net courtesy of a defender's leg.
The remainder of the half was fairly even until Omar Joof equalised for the visitors after 36 minutes.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Potton stepped up a gear after the break and showed what excellent football they can play.
A 25-yard free-kick from Lee Allinson grabbed the lead again and Steve Kuhne's head got on the end of a Paul Donnelly cross to make the score 3-1 on the hour.
Allinson scored his second in the 73rd minute to give Potton the convincing win.