Potton United reach semis
Potton United reached their second cup semi-final in a week with a 1-0 win over St Neots in the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night. After a nervous opening 10 minutes, Potton took the game to their visitors and started to look the most likely to score. T
Potton United reached their second cup semi-final in a week with a 1-0 win over St Neots in the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night.
After a nervous opening 10 minutes, Potton took the game to their visitors and started to look the most likely to score.
The decisive goal came on the stroke of half time when Micky O'Farrell finished off a good move.
St Neots came out stronger in the second half and within the opening 10 minutes had three chances cleared off the line.
You may also want to watch:
O'Farrell had two chances late on to double Potton's lead but was denied by some last-ditch defending.
Jason Darvall's first ever hat-trick, in the space of the opening 15 minutes of the second period, secured all three points for Biggleswade United at a rain-sodden Second Meadow on Tuesday night against troubled Ruislip Manor.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 3 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 8 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
United drew at Hanwell on Saturday with Adam Turner giving them the lead before a controversial equaliser just before the break.
Two goals from Dan Heron - either side of the break - saw Biggleswade Town stay in contention at the top of the table. Heron's brace saw Town overturn a deficit at home to Welwyn Garden City on Saturday.