Potton miss the semis
Potton United crashed out of the UCL KO Cup at the quarter-final stage on Tuesday night with a 3-0 defeat at home to Desborough. The home side went in 2-0 up at the break and the second half got off to a bad start for Potton when 16-year-old reserve keepe
Potton United crashed out of the UCL KO Cup at the quarter-final stage on Tuesday night with a 3-0 defeat at home to Desborough.
The home side went in 2-0 up at the break and the second half got off to a bad start for Potton when 16-year-old reserve keeper Aaron Loney suffered a broken leg.
The game was held up for 40 minutes while waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
Defender Carl Simm took over between the posts and was soon beaten as Desborough scored their third goal.
You may also want to watch:
But Potton picked up a valuable three points in their relegation battle with Raunds on Saturday as they won 2-1 at The Hollow.
The home side looked the stronger in the opening minutes with the Raunds defence under constant pressure.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
But it was the visitors who took the lead after 33 minutes when Potton failed to stop a break down the right. Two goals from John Mulholland in the second half were enough to give Potton the points.
Biggleswade United's home league match against Harefield on Tuesday night was abandoned after half an hour due to fog.
United were beaten 1-0 at home by Tring Athletic on Saturday.
Biggleswade Town won 3-0 at Holmer Green on Saturday thanks to Dan Heron, Scott Field and Jamie Steele.