Pool: Perry looks for a break
A Stevenage teenage pool player is looking to shake-up the pack. Perry Gillett, a 16-year-old from Wisden Road, is one of the rising stars in the English Pool Association. The former Nobel schoolboy, now on a NVQ course in construction at college, is an e
A Stevenage teenage pool player is looking to shake-up the pack.
Perry Gillett, a 16-year-old from Wisden Road, is one of the rising stars in the English Pool Association.
The former Nobel schoolboy, now on a NVQ course in construction at college, is an experienced junior circuit player and Premier League player.
He also captains the Herts county youth squad as well as being the number one ranked player.
You may also want to watch:
His stated aim is to become national number one and eventually world champion.
Managed at county level by the England junior manager Judi Collins, he is based at the Shades Pool Club in Hatfield but is also a member at Rileys in Stevenage.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
Judi said: "Perry is at national youth standard now.
"I believe he will be a star of the future and I wouldn't promote him if I didn't think he had a real chance of making it."
Perry has now qualified for this year's International Professional Tour (IPT) to take a step nearer in fulfilling one of his ambitions to turn pro by the time he reaches 21.
The six-tour series kicks-off in February in Daventry where he will join around 200 players on the IPT this season.
This will cost around £1,500 so sponsorship is essential.
Dad Norman said: "He has already played England players and given them a run for their money.
"He is doing very well for a 16-year-old and his next ambition is to get into the England youth (under-18) team."
Perry is following in the footsteps of another talented Stevenage pool player in Danny Miller.
Norman added: "Danny has been a big help and influence to Perry and I'm sure he will travel to some of the events with him."
Judi added: "Perry is very much on the same level as Danny and has in fact reached this stage a year earlier."
Please call Norman Gillett on 01438 722011 or 07916 173398 or Judi Collins on 07764 710253 to discuss sponsorship opportunities if you are interested.