Pool: Gillett breaks into side
A Stevenage teenager has broken into the England youth pool squad. Former Nobel schoolboy Perry Gillett (shown right), who turns 18 this June, impressed at recent trials in Barnsley to secure his place in the 16-strong England under-18 squad. His first ta
A Stevenage teenager has broken into the England youth pool squad.
Former Nobel schoolboy Perry Gillett (shown right), who turns 18 this June, impressed at recent trials in Barnsley to secure his place in the 16-strong England under-18 squad.
His first taste of international competition will be the European Championships in Malta. They begin on February 16 and will last for a week.
The IPA pro tour player has been representing Hertfordshire's youth sections since 2004 and is now the captain.
You may also want to watch:
Herts team manager and England youth team manager Judi Collins from Hemel Hempstead said: "I've watched Perry grow up and he has progressed as we would have liked him to.
"Apart from needing a haircut, he is doing really well!"
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Gillett also thanked his sponsor Kevin Burrows, an accountant from Luton.