Players and fans treated to a training session with the FA Cup
Hitchin Town s players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers. The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos t
Hitchin Town's players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers.
The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos taken with the old silver trophy.
Darran Hay, no stranger to lifting prizes at Wembley, having won three FA Trophy finals, was delighted to get his hands on the cup.
"I couldn't believe how heavy it was," he grinned, sporting a new hairstyle for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The team was pictured with the cup and the Barnes brothers, Paul and Mark, the centre of Setanta's television attention, were pictured planting kisses on the FA Cup.
Chairman Terry Barratt held the cup like a baby in the director's box.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
He said: "We've had some great FA Cup moments at the club and this is marvellous."
Both Barratt and Hay were interviewed live on Setanta.