Players and fans treated to a training session with the FA Cup
Hitchin Town s players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers. The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos t
Hitchin Town's players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers.
The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos taken with the old silver trophy.
Darran Hay, no stranger to lifting prizes at Wembley, having won three FA Trophy finals, was delighted to get his hands on the cup.
"I couldn't believe how heavy it was," he grinned, sporting a new hairstyle for the occasion.
The team was pictured with the cup and the Barnes brothers, Paul and Mark, the centre of Setanta's television attention, were pictured planting kisses on the FA Cup.
Chairman Terry Barratt held the cup like a baby in the director's box.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
He said: "We've had some great FA Cup moments at the club and this is marvellous."
Both Barratt and Hay were interviewed live on Setanta.