Players and fans treated to a training session with the FA Cup
Hitchin Town s players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers. The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos t
Hitchin Town's players and fans were treated to a training session with the FA Cup on the eve of their second qualifying round tie with Stanway Rovers.
The cup came to Top Field last Thursday night and the players and fans were able to have their photos taken with the old silver trophy.
Darran Hay, no stranger to lifting prizes at Wembley, having won three FA Trophy finals, was delighted to get his hands on the cup.
"I couldn't believe how heavy it was," he grinned, sporting a new hairstyle for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The team was pictured with the cup and the Barnes brothers, Paul and Mark, the centre of Setanta's television attention, were pictured planting kisses on the FA Cup.
Chairman Terry Barratt held the cup like a baby in the director's box.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
He said: "We've had some great FA Cup moments at the club and this is marvellous."
Both Barratt and Hay were interviewed live on Setanta.