Phew, what a scorcher! Colts have a new venue for annual tournament
It was a real scorcher as Stevenage Colts staged their annual five and seven-a-side tournament. Sunday s event, held at Hampson Park for the first time this year, was again a resounding success. There were 78 teams competing in eight different age groups
It was a real scorcher as Stevenage Colts staged their annual five and seven-a-side tournament.
Sunday's event, held at Hampson Park for the first time this year, was again a resounding success.
There were 78 teams competing in eight different age groups in sweltering heat for the coveted trophies.
Teams came from all over Herts, Beds and there was even an entry from London.
Stevenage Colts thank the main sponsors of the tournament, Hill Residential.
The final results were:
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
Under-eights: Bedwell Rangers 1 Arlesey Town 0.
Under-nines: Letchworth GC Eagles 2 Broadhall Youth 1.
Under-10s: Letchworth GC Eagles 1 Stevenage Boro 0.
Under-11s: Wymondley B beat Wymondley A 3-2 on pens.
Under-12s: Bishop's Stortford beat Fairlands 7-6 on pens.
Under-13s: Ware beat Stevenage Town 4-2 on pens.
Under-14s: Stevenage Boro 2 Lea Valley 1.
Under-15s: Austen Arrowheads B beat Austen Arrowheads A 4-3 on pens.
Stevenage Colts are an FA Charter Standard club and they are currently seeking players for their under-seven, under-eight and under-14 teams as well as managers for the younger age groups.
Anyone interested should call chairman Martin Wisker 07977 271920 or visit training at Canterbury Way on Wednesdays at 6pm.
* Stevenage Boro Stripes under-10s (shown right) were runners-up in the final of the Stevenage Colts tournament.
They were beaten in a pretty even game by Letchworth Garden City Eagles. The boys had topped their group with two wins and a draw, not conceding a goal.
This is their last season as the Stripes will be disbanding for various reasons.
Their presentation afternoon was at Knebworth Park on Saturday.
The boys are, left to right: George Barker, Ben Papworth, George Florence, Luke Wilson, Jordan Carter, Craig Hambleton, Rhys Gardiner and Alex Thomas.
* The Stevenage Boro Juniors under-14 girls made it three in a row when they won the Hemel Hempstead tournament, conceding only one goal along the way.
The girls (shown above) played in blistering heat with no subs.
Having won their group, they played the talented Harvesters team in the semi-final and won 3-0.
The final saw the girls play a good Kew Park Rangers team and one goal decided it, a perfect glancing header from a throw in.