Pennie collects points
A HITCHIN pool man is living out his dream. Julian Pennie, a 41-year-old from Purwell Lane, has qualified for the eight-ball professional pool tour. It is run by the International Professional Pool Association (IPPA), although the six tours are all based
A HITCHIN pool man is living out his dream.
Julian Pennie, a 41-year-old from Purwell Lane, has qualified for the eight-ball professional pool tour.
It is run by the International Professional Pool Association (IPPA), although the six tours are all based in England.
Each tour features several different tournaments with venues including Blackpool, Hinckley (twice), Birmingham and Daventry.
The first tour was at Wembley over the weekend.
It started on Friday and Julian picked up vital ranking points after progressing through two rounds on the main tour.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
He was eventually beaten 7-3 by world ranked number 21 Eddie Barker from Berkshire.
The tour has 220 players but only the top 64 in the world are fully professional.
Julian said: "I used to play snooker when I was younger. I've played pool in recent years and I've now decided to push myself more to go further."
He is sponsored by Hitchin builders, RJB, with other backing from Hitchin bricklayers S&B Wick. Pennie himself is involved in the cladding trade.
Julian is married to Kristina and has two young girls, seven-year-old Kyra and three-month-old Carys.