Pennie collects points
A HITCHIN pool man is living out his dream. Julian Pennie, a 41-year-old from Purwell Lane, has qualified for the eight-ball professional pool tour. It is run by the International Professional Pool Association (IPPA), although the six tours are all based
A HITCHIN pool man is living out his dream.
Julian Pennie, a 41-year-old from Purwell Lane, has qualified for the eight-ball professional pool tour.
It is run by the International Professional Pool Association (IPPA), although the six tours are all based in England.
Each tour features several different tournaments with venues including Blackpool, Hinckley (twice), Birmingham and Daventry.
You may also want to watch:
The first tour was at Wembley over the weekend.
It started on Friday and Julian picked up vital ranking points after progressing through two rounds on the main tour.
- 1 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 6 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 7 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 10 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
He was eventually beaten 7-3 by world ranked number 21 Eddie Barker from Berkshire.
The tour has 220 players but only the top 64 in the world are fully professional.
Julian said: "I used to play snooker when I was younger. I've played pool in recent years and I've now decided to push myself more to go further."
He is sponsored by Hitchin builders, RJB, with other backing from Hitchin bricklayers S&B Wick. Pennie himself is involved in the cladding trade.
Julian is married to Kristina and has two young girls, seven-year-old Kyra and three-month-old Carys.