Hitchin Nomads have put the annual inter-club cycling competition with Bedfordshire RC and Icknield RC beyond reach. This is after a fine team win in the 15-mile test promoted by Beds RC at Cardington. Supervet Tony Anderson s individual win by almost a m
Hitchin Nomads have put the annual inter-club cycling competition with Bedfordshire RC and Icknield RC beyond reach.
This is after a fine team win in the 15-mile test promoted by Beds RC at Cardington.
Supervet Tony Anderson's individual win by almost a minute from Sam Hayes of the promoting club led the Nomads to five places in the top 10.
With four races completed and only the October hill climb remaining, the Nomads have a massive 517 points from the series so far compared to Beds RC's 291.
Nomads completed their open event promotions for the year with the 75th Anniversary Road Race held over 86k on the Northill/Old Warden circuit.
Having worked hard to finish this race, Neil Fraser was up at 6am the next day for the Icknield RC 12-hour time trial.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
Finishing with a fine 221 miles in windy conditions, Neil took the prize for fastest unsupported rider as well as 11th in the competition overall. David Ledgerton also took part and finished with a creditable 176 miles.