The North Herts Football League round-up Premier Division champions St Ippolyts prevented Baldock from finishing as runners-up. Baldock had quite a few of their reserves playing and held St Ippolyts until half-time at 2-2. In the second half it was mainly
The North Herts Football League round-up
Premier Division champions St Ippolyts prevented Baldock from finishing as runners-up.
Baldock had quite a few of their reserves playing and held St Ippolyts until half-time at 2-2. In the second half it was mainly Saints pressure and it came as no surprise when they scored two more to win and keep their record of losing just one league game all season.
A hat-trick for Ryan Foster caused most of the damage and Leon Davis scored the other. Baldock's scorers in the first half were James Smith and Adam Shelley.
Bedwell Rangers won a close game at Kimpton Rovers 3-2 with James French having a starring role. He scored one and laid on two for John Johnston. A brace for Mark Harrington was not enough for Kimpton Rovers.
The solitary game in Division One saw Wilbury Wanderers have a comfortable victory over Cricketers Weston 3-0. A couple for Richard Pearson and one for Tony Leo were Wilbury's scorers.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
In Group B of the Benevolent Shield, First Division AFC Santos beat Premier Division side Codicote A 2-1. Nuno Canteiro caused the damage by scoring both goals, one a scramble, the other a 25 yarder. Codicote A's reply came from Mike Blomfield.
There were two games in Group C with Woolmer Green winning the all-Premier Division clash with the Stevenage Council Club by 4-1.
A brace for Gavin Bowler and further goals from James Brewster and Gary Petersen made it two wins out two for Woolmer Green. The council club could only reply through Lee Kitching.
The other game was an all-First Division clash with Magnum just edging a win against Fairlands 2-1.
Brett Coverdale and Peter Morrison scored for the victors. Fairlands' leading scorer Kenny Liggett scored their only goal.