Parkins is the star once more
HOLWELL had a convincing win over Broadview Windows North Herts League leaders Crawley Green Nomads. The Luton side were put to the sword as Holwell amassed 226-9 with Adam Parkins again leading the way with 90. He received good support from Julian Rudder
HOLWELL had a convincing win over Broadview Windows North Herts League leaders Crawley Green Nomads.
The Luton side were put to the sword as Holwell amassed 226-9 with Adam Parkins again leading the way with 90. He received good support from Julian Rudder (70) and Wayne Alleyne scored 33 towards the end.
Steady bowling by Dave Turner (3-24), Parkins and Junior Thomas (3-44) restricted Crawley Green Nomads to 186 all out.
Ickleford Cricketers were well beaten by Codicote in Division Two.
Cricketers' innings of 178-8 was based around veteran Peter Watson's 75 plus support from Tim Porter (26) and Barry Males (23). This total was probably 50 runs short and this was proved by Carl Richards' excellent 101 as Codicote eased to a convincing win by eight wickets.
Ickleford completed an excellent weekend with a nailbiting win over Titanic.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
They batted first and the innings was completely dominated by a brilliant century from Duncan Jenner. He made 107 in confident style and laid the basis for the eventual total of 225-7. James Dermont provided good support with 45.
Titanic were on top with a third wicket stand of 137. Allum led from the front and he fell for 99 with victory in sight.
In the end, 27 were needed from three overs but Ickleford held their nerve and Titanic finished on 219-7, seven runs short.
* Henlow suffered a double defeat to Elstow in the Millman Saturday One and Three.
The first XI went down by six wickets at Henlow after Adrian Crawley's 54 helped them post 171 all out. Elstow rode their luck to reach the target for the loss of four wickets. The seconds were bowled out for 110 at Elstow and lost by nine wickets.
* Baldock played out an exciting tied friendly game with Sawbridgewoth.
Sawbo batted first and posted 203 all out off 45.3 overs with Graham Letford taking 5-33.
Baldock responded through Simon Goodlad (28), Nick Blenkin (24) and Andy Payne (34). It came down to eight to win off the last over and two off the last ball - a leg bye was scored to leave the scores tied.
Letchworth Corinthians suffered a heavy defeat at Eaton Socon on Sunday.
The home side knocked up 241-6 from their 40 overs, Terry Day dominating their innings with 106. Stephen Hughes was the pick of the bowlers 3-15.
In reply Corinthians were bowled out for 134, Mike Hughes top scoring with 58.