Park host national side for first time
Japan s national team prepared for their World Cup qualifying tournament with a training match against an MCC side at Knebworth Park on Tuesday. Chasing the MCC XI s 211, they fail short ending on 199-7. But more importantly all of their squad gained valu
Japan's national team prepared for their World Cup qualifying tournament with a training match against an MCC side at Knebworth Park on Tuesday.
Chasing the MCC XI's 211, they fail short ending on 199-7.
But more importantly all of their squad gained valuable experience in playing on a grass wicket - as all pitches are artificial in Japan and this was only the third time many of them had played on grass.
The qualifying tournament for the World Cup is in Jersey and then the successful teams from there move on to a further stage in seeking entry for the 2011 World Cup.
It was the first time that the Park had hosted a national side or an MCC team.
The match was organised by Tim O'Gorman, the former Derbyshire opening batsman, whose son Joe plays in the club's under-11 team.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 7 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
Former England fast bowler Devon Malcolm who was due to play had to withdraw.