Pair off to a flyer
TWO Stevenage ABC boxers started the new season off in fine style. Bradley Evans and Lewis Skinner fought at the Barking ABC show staged at West Ham s Upton Park football ground. Skinner, in his 18th contest, was up against a heavier opponent in Romford s
TWO Stevenage ABC boxers started the new season off in fine style.
Bradley Evans and Lewis Skinner fought at the Barking ABC show staged at West Ham's Upton Park football ground.
Skinner, in his 18th contest, was up against a heavier opponent in Romford's Five Star boxer Dave Culling.
But it was Skinner who applied the pressure from the start, catching Culling with good combinations as he advanced. The Stevenage lad made sure with a big third round as his opponent tired.
The 17-year-old Evans, a NABC champion last season, was in his first senior outing.
He met West Ham's James Cole, a former national junior ABA champion and one of the top 10 ranked senior bantamweights in the country.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 10 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
The pace of the fight never slackened over the four rounds. Evans delivered some powerful left hooks while the London boy countered with crisp combinations.
A strength sapping fourth round saw Evans' fitness shine through and he took a majority points decision.
He starts the defence of his NABC crown at Desborough this Sunday.