Outdoor bowlers hand out awards
Shefford Bowls Club have handed out their awards for the season. Their winners and runners-up for the season, awarded at their annual dinner and prizegiving, were: JR Ford Trophy: winner – John Batcheldor; runner-up – Keith Giddings. Alwyn Stanton Trophy:
Shefford Bowls Club have handed out their awards for the season.
Their winners and runners-up for the season, awarded at their annual dinner and prizegiving, were:
JR Ford Trophy: winner - John Batcheldor; runner-up - Keith Giddings.
Alwyn Stanton Trophy: Michael Sale; Bill Lamb.
F&N Brunt Cup: Clive Day and John King; Stuart Foulkes and Barry Robinson.
Stan West Trophy: Eric Coppin, Chris Tuffnell and Vic King; Colin Crouch, Keith Giddings and Geoff Henry.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Porch Trophy: John Dudgeon, Peter Brown and Vic King; Ann Bland, John Batcheldor and Stan Potter.
Bob Johnson Trophy: Stuart Foulkes, Peter Moody and Ken Stevens; Colin Crouch, Dave Northern and Margaret Foulkes.
Pat and Don Cook Salver: Maureen Nicholson; Margaret Foulkes.
Gouldsborough Cup: Maureen Nicholson; Jessica Ford.
Vera Whiffin Cup: Sylvia Lawrence and Margaret Foulkes; Janet Northern and Marjorie Miles.
Adam and Eve Rose Bowl: Rita Faulkner and Richard Ford; Geoff Henry and Brenda Ford.
Kerrell Cup: Sylvia Lawrence, Richard Ford and Barry Robinson; Yves Dorson, Dave Northern and Maureen Nicholson.
Captain's Cup: Carol Rooker, Margaret Bucknell, John Batcheldor and Richard Ford.
Red Dragon Trophy: Joyce Robbins, Sylvia Lawrence, Richard Ford and Geoff Henry.
* Stevenage Nomads IBC won by 10 shots (78-68) against Stevenage Senior Citizens on Tuesday.
Their top winning team (25-13) was Peter Gosling, Olive Marston-Weston, Jean Roffery and Jeff Smith.
* Stevenage Leisure Centre were at home to Harpenden in a new fixture for the club which is hoped to be repeated.
They won on three rinks and lost on one for an overall victory by 17 shots (88-71).
Their highest rink, which won by a 30-shot margin (41-11), were Colvin Cooper (skip) with Muriel Cooper, Anne Higgs and Les Carr.
* Riverain won one and lost one of their weekend friendly matches held at the club.
They lost by 14 shots (92-78) to Howard Gardens.
Skips: Ron Clark 22-19, Pat Clark 16-15, Mike Mahoney 16-17, Derek Clark 18-15, Ron Wareham 6-26.
Riverain soundly beat Stotfold by 65 shots (136-71).
Skips: Angie Fabris 31-5, Jim Baird 19-11, Doug Major 23-14, Roy Clay 20-19, Don Edwards 22-11, Dennis Byatt 21-11.