Opportunities in the sport
Local racing driver Linton Stutely has joined forces with some of the sport s biggest names to promote all forms of motorsport to a wider audience. Linton is backing this campaign by having official GoMotorsport.net stickers on his Formula Ford Championsh
Local racing driver Linton Stutely has joined forces with some of the sport's biggest names to promote all forms of motorsport to a wider audience.
Linton is backing this campaign by having official GoMotorsport.net stickers on his Formula Ford Championship racing car.
Linton from Hitchin said: "I'm lucky enough to be fulfilling my dreams but I know there are hundreds of others out there that have little or no idea how to get involved in motorsport.
"It's not the same as buying a football or cricket bat and playing in the park, but getting into motorsport is nowhere near as hard as many imagine and it doesn't have to be prohibitively expensive. There is lots of motorsport in which you can safely compete in your own road car, for instance."
You may also want to watch:
The Go Motorsport campaign launch took place earlier this summer and was attended by Lewis Hamilton.
The campaign has been set up by the Motor Sports Association (MSA), governing body of motorsport in the UK.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
MSA chairman Alan Gow added: "We are delighted that Linton is demonstrating his backing for the campaign by running the GoMotorsport.net sticker on his car."
The Go Motorsport campaign boasts a star-studded line-up of supporters who have agreed to be Go Motorsport ambassadors including F1 aces Jenson Button and David Coulthard, and veteran commentator Murray Walker.