On the oche at Arlesey Town Football Club
The second annual Gerald Warren Memorial Cup open darts singles attracted a field of quality players to Arlesey Town Football Club. Four county players were in the semi-finals as Trevor Ellacott (Beds) ousted defending champion Paul Warwick (Beds), and An
The second annual Gerald Warren Memorial Cup open darts singles attracted a field of quality players to Arlesey Town Football Club.
Four county players were in the semi-finals as Trevor Ellacott (Beds) ousted defending champion Paul Warwick (Beds), and Andy Keen (Beds) overcame Paul Orchard (Northants).
Ellacott, who recently earned three international caps for Wales when he represented his country in the Celtic Cup, stormed into a three leg lead in the seven leg final.
But amazingly Keen staged a magnificent fightback as Ellacott wilted to take the next four legs and snatch a truly memorable victory.
You may also want to watch:
The next big event - the Graham Parcell Memorial Cup - takes place a week on Sunday (November 9) at the same venue.
This is the big singles competition of the year and is arguably the most prestigious darts event on the Three Counties calendar.
- 1 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
Now in its 12th year, the competition caters for all standards of players and is open to all.
Registration is at 6pm and toe the oche at 7.15pm. Entry fee is £3.
Call John Boyle on 01462 835823, or Chris Slattery on 01462 685596 for further details.