On the oche at Arlesey Town Football Club
The second annual Gerald Warren Memorial Cup open darts singles attracted a field of quality players to Arlesey Town Football Club. Four county players were in the semi-finals as Trevor Ellacott (Beds) ousted defending champion Paul Warwick (Beds), and An
The second annual Gerald Warren Memorial Cup open darts singles attracted a field of quality players to Arlesey Town Football Club.
Four county players were in the semi-finals as Trevor Ellacott (Beds) ousted defending champion Paul Warwick (Beds), and Andy Keen (Beds) overcame Paul Orchard (Northants).
Ellacott, who recently earned three international caps for Wales when he represented his country in the Celtic Cup, stormed into a three leg lead in the seven leg final.
But amazingly Keen staged a magnificent fightback as Ellacott wilted to take the next four legs and snatch a truly memorable victory.
You may also want to watch:
The next big event - the Graham Parcell Memorial Cup - takes place a week on Sunday (November 9) at the same venue.
This is the big singles competition of the year and is arguably the most prestigious darts event on the Three Counties calendar.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts
- 10 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
Now in its 12th year, the competition caters for all standards of players and is open to all.
Registration is at 6pm and toe the oche at 7.15pm. Entry fee is £3.
Call John Boyle on 01462 835823, or Chris Slattery on 01462 685596 for further details.