Nothing on a par to Jones
Nothing was on a par to a teenager from Chesfield Downs Golf Club in Graveley at the Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge. More than 2,000 golfers from 30 clubs teed off in this year s tournament organised by the motor group – the stableford competi
Nothing was on a par to a teenager from Chesfield Downs Golf Club in Graveley at the Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge.
More than 2,000 golfers from 30 clubs teed off in this year's tournament organised by the motor group - the stableford competition culminating with a men's and ladies' finals day at Hanbury Manor.
Sam Jones, 17, belied his youth to pip Ian March (The Hertfordshire) by virtue of his score over the first nine holes.
The pair tied and finished one point ahead of East Herts' Jim Nicholson who won both the nearest the pin and longest drive competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for the overall winners of the men's and ladies' competitions is a round of golf on the championship course at Wentworth.
Mark Whitworth, group marketing and CRM manager for the motor retailer, which has a site in Stevenage, said: "This year's Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge was bigger and better than our inaugural 2007 competition with six more clubs and 700 more golfers taking part.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
"Despite the inclement weather, the tournament has run extremely smoothly and is now not only gaining an excellent reputation on the local golf circuit but also increasing the profile of our business among existing and prospective customers.