Nothing on a par to Jones
Nothing was on a par to a teenager from Chesfield Downs Golf Club in Graveley at the Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge. More than 2,000 golfers from 30 clubs teed off in this year s tournament organised by the motor group – the stableford competi
Nothing was on a par to a teenager from Chesfield Downs Golf Club in Graveley at the Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge.
More than 2,000 golfers from 30 clubs teed off in this year's tournament organised by the motor group - the stableford competition culminating with a men's and ladies' finals day at Hanbury Manor.
Sam Jones, 17, belied his youth to pip Ian March (The Hertfordshire) by virtue of his score over the first nine holes.
The pair tied and finished one point ahead of East Herts' Jim Nicholson who won both the nearest the pin and longest drive competitions.
The prize for the overall winners of the men's and ladies' competitions is a round of golf on the championship course at Wentworth.
Mark Whitworth, group marketing and CRM manager for the motor retailer, which has a site in Stevenage, said: "This year's Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Golf Challenge was bigger and better than our inaugural 2007 competition with six more clubs and 700 more golfers taking part.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
"Despite the inclement weather, the tournament has run extremely smoothly and is now not only gaining an excellent reputation on the local golf circuit but also increasing the profile of our business among existing and prospective customers.