Not an ideal warm up
Bedford Swifts 43 Biggleswade 0 This was not the ideal preparation that Biggleswade wanted for this Saturday s tough league fixture. But with a rejuvenated back row and a lively pair of centres, all was not gloom and doom. It was one of those days when e
Bedford Swifts 43 Biggleswade 0
This was not the ideal preparation that Biggleswade wanted for this Saturday's tough league fixture.
But with a rejuvenated back row and a lively pair of centres, all was not gloom and doom.
It was one of those days when every time the opposition got in Biggleswade's 22 they scored.
But the opposite was not true even though Biggleswade had their chances to get points on the board.
Swifts, a league above Biggy, soon had points on the board and once ahead added scores at regular intervals.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
But just three tries down at the break, Biggleswade had hopes of doing better with the sinking sun behind them.
It was not to be with Swifts adding to their tally and Biggy rueing wasted chances and missed opportunities.
Many players put in cameo performances. Winger Johnny Daisley ran hard and low making his opposite number wish he had not tried to stop him.
Bandy legs Taig Norman had a couple of good runs and centre partner Nathan Thoday put in a good quota of tackles.
But it was the back row combination of James Buttigieg, Martin Larman and Alex Small that really caught the eye. They had a tremendous work rate around the park and at close quarters.