Not an ideal warm up
Bedford Swifts 43 Biggleswade 0 This was not the ideal preparation that Biggleswade wanted for this Saturday s tough league fixture. But with a rejuvenated back row and a lively pair of centres, all was not gloom and doom. It was one of those days when e
Bedford Swifts 43 Biggleswade 0
This was not the ideal preparation that Biggleswade wanted for this Saturday's tough league fixture.
But with a rejuvenated back row and a lively pair of centres, all was not gloom and doom.
It was one of those days when every time the opposition got in Biggleswade's 22 they scored.
You may also want to watch:
But the opposite was not true even though Biggleswade had their chances to get points on the board.
Swifts, a league above Biggy, soon had points on the board and once ahead added scores at regular intervals.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
But just three tries down at the break, Biggleswade had hopes of doing better with the sinking sun behind them.
It was not to be with Swifts adding to their tally and Biggy rueing wasted chances and missed opportunities.
Many players put in cameo performances. Winger Johnny Daisley ran hard and low making his opposite number wish he had not tried to stop him.
Bandy legs Taig Norman had a couple of good runs and centre partner Nathan Thoday put in a good quota of tackles.
But it was the back row combination of James Buttigieg, Martin Larman and Alex Small that really caught the eye. They had a tremendous work rate around the park and at close quarters.