Athletics: North Herts Road Runners earn parkrun bests
- Credit: Archant
North Herts Road Runners took a break from competitive racing over Easter, but still took on parkrun events.
Tom Webb was third at Exmouth in a personal best of 15.47, while John Rayner was second at Dartford in 18.06, two seconds off his course best.
Paul Jackson was first at Letchworth in 18.06, while Matt Ankers and Richard and Helen Harbon ran at Keswick with fell runners and holiday makers.
Race walker David Annetts won the Vets AC five-mile walk at Battersea Park in a personal best of 38.47, then came home first in the Enfield League 5000m at Picketts Lock, Lee Valley in another best of 23.24.
The Greenway Challenge takes place on May 12, including 13.1 miles of the Garden City Greenway, with proceeds going to local charities Jackie’s Drop-In and Tracks Autism.
You may also want to watch:
To register a place go to greenwaychallenge.org.uk.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death