North Herts Crusaders ready for new season at end of historic week
- Credit: MICK JOHAL
North Herts Crusaders enjoyed a good pre-season win at London Skolars - in what promises to be a big week for the club.
The rugby league club are launching their own netball club today (Thursday) in the first move to become a multi-sports club.
But the established rugby side were merely grateful for a run out after a long 12 months.
The team at White Hart Lane consisted of a mix of old hands and new faces, all of which have shown great promise in training, and with a new leadership team on the pitch of captain Will Clifford and Joe Hall, hopes are high for a good year.
The 42-18 win came courtesy of a hat-trick of tries from Josh Parkhouse and other scores for Joe Allison, Julian Kitson, Joe Hall, Will Evans and James Akrill.
Chairman Ollie Adams, who kicked five conversions, said: "The club has had a short five week pre-season, so to put on a finely-tuned display after such a short amount of time is testament to the leadership and quality within the squad."
Crusaders kick off their Southern Conference league campaign on Saturday against Hammersmith Hills Hoists.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
The Knights meanwhile face St Ives Roosters in the East of England League.