St Ippolyts star in the cups as they reach two bowls finals
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Cup competitions took centre stage for bowls clubs in the area - with St Ippolyts battling their way to two finals
They beat Letchworth in the Stevenage & District Mixed League Knockout Cup semi-final and the pair will meet again in the final of the Cairns Cup after a narrow 62-61 success over Whitethorn.
Letchworth advance to the final with another close game, this one over Howard Garden, with wins for skips Andy Hodgson and Ian Snowdon.
Letchworth's women are also on the trophy hunt after qualifying for the semi-final of the County League (North).
Baldock are through to the Hertfordshire final of the National Top Club competition after beating Royston by three disciplines to two.
They will now play Harpenden in the final.
Howard Garden had a close match against Stevenage in the County League, losing 33-30, but they beat Knebworth in the mixed league, winning 60-36 and on all three rinks.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
The weekend saw them host their own Woodford Bowl competition which ended with Tony Wood as the winner and Rose Dowsett the runner-up.