Nine youngsters compete at Gateshead
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools' Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee Hector.
Abigail Mackinnon-Austin from Hitchin Girls' School, who runs for Bedford and County, is competing at intermediate girls' level.
Hammer thrower Katie Bland has been chosen to represent Bedfordshire.
The 15 year old from Shefford is a pupil at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton and a member of Biggleswade AC.
In her last competition before Gateshead, Katie threw a personal best distance of more than 34m.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
Two other Samuel Whitbread pupils are competing as well - James Burton in the junior boys' 800m and Matthew Devereux in the senior boys' pole vault.
There were just 25 places available over all the events from the whole of Bedfordshire.
You can follow the progress of all the young Herts and Beds athletes as the prestigious event is being televised on Sky Sports.