Nine youngsters compete at Gateshead
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools' Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee Hector.
Abigail Mackinnon-Austin from Hitchin Girls' School, who runs for Bedford and County, is competing at intermediate girls' level.
Hammer thrower Katie Bland has been chosen to represent Bedfordshire.
The 15 year old from Shefford is a pupil at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton and a member of Biggleswade AC.
In her last competition before Gateshead, Katie threw a personal best distance of more than 34m.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
Two other Samuel Whitbread pupils are competing as well - James Burton in the junior boys' 800m and Matthew Devereux in the senior boys' pole vault.
There were just 25 places available over all the events from the whole of Bedfordshire.
You can follow the progress of all the young Herts and Beds athletes as the prestigious event is being televised on Sky Sports.