Nine youngsters compete at Gateshead
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools' Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee Hector.
Abigail Mackinnon-Austin from Hitchin Girls' School, who runs for Bedford and County, is competing at intermediate girls' level.
Hammer thrower Katie Bland has been chosen to represent Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
The 15 year old from Shefford is a pupil at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton and a member of Biggleswade AC.
In her last competition before Gateshead, Katie threw a personal best distance of more than 34m.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
Two other Samuel Whitbread pupils are competing as well - James Burton in the junior boys' 800m and Matthew Devereux in the senior boys' pole vault.
There were just 25 places available over all the events from the whole of Bedfordshire.
You can follow the progress of all the young Herts and Beds athletes as the prestigious event is being televised on Sky Sports.