Nine youngsters compete at Gateshead
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee
Five members of Stevenage and North Herts AC are representing Hertfordshire in the English Schools' Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.
They are Bunmi Awokoya, Chloe Vernon-Hamilton, Moe Sasegbon, Daniel Gardner and Renee Hector.
Abigail Mackinnon-Austin from Hitchin Girls' School, who runs for Bedford and County, is competing at intermediate girls' level.
Hammer thrower Katie Bland has been chosen to represent Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
The 15 year old from Shefford is a pupil at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton and a member of Biggleswade AC.
In her last competition before Gateshead, Katie threw a personal best distance of more than 34m.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
Two other Samuel Whitbread pupils are competing as well - James Burton in the junior boys' 800m and Matthew Devereux in the senior boys' pole vault.
There were just 25 places available over all the events from the whole of Bedfordshire.
You can follow the progress of all the young Herts and Beds athletes as the prestigious event is being televised on Sky Sports.