Baldock fourths among the new teams accepted into the 2021 Herts Cricket League
- Credit: BALDOCK CC
There will be a number of new teams taking their place in the 2021 Herts Cricket League - including one from Baldock.
The Avenue Park-based club will now run a fourth team and play in a restructured regional division.
In total there will be 10 new teams entering the league's now 28-stong divisional structure and that has brought changes at the lower end of the scale.
The geographical splits in Regional Division A and Regional Division B will remain but a third division, a north one, will appear alongside the east and west in Regional Division C.
Baldock's fourth team will play in that new north division alongside teams from the likes of Datchworth, Hitchin and Knebworth Park.
One team has also left, Stevenage sixths will not play in the league this year.
Further up the divisions it is as you were after the league opted not to have promotion or relegations in the half-season, played under the shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 1 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 2 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 3 Letchworth Rugby Club rocked by death of two huge and well-loved stalwarts
- 4 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 5 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 6 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 10 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
It means Potters Bar, champions in 2019 and top of the pile again in 2020, will remain in the Premier Division with Welwyn Garden City and North Mymms.
Letchworth Garden City and Preston are in the Championship, Hitchin and Ickleford in Division One and Knebworth Park and Stevenage in Division Two A.
Datchworth are in Division Three A, as are Letchworth's second string, while Baldock's first team are in Division Five B. Pirton and Weston will play in Division Seven A.
The first match of the season is scheduled for May 8.
The delayed ECB National Club Championship, shelved in 2020 after the outbreak of coronavirus, will look to go ahead this year, and the draw has set up an all-Herts League clash.
Potters Bar have been drawn at home after re-entering this year and will see familiar foes Radlett arrive at The Walk on Sunday, May 16.
It will be the fifth meeting between the two sides in the last 20 matches played by Potters Bar, one of which includes the 2019 play-off final which Bar won by just six runs.
The winners of that contest then travel to face either Finchley or North Middlesex on June 6 in round two.
Welwyn Garden City meanwhile host Peterborough Town.