Baldock fourths among the new teams accepted into the 2021 Herts Cricket League
- Credit: BALDOCK CC
There will be a number of new teams taking their place in the 2021 Herts Cricket League - including one from Baldock.
The Avenue Park-based club will now run a fourth team and play in a restructured regional division.
In total there will be 10 new teams entering the league's now 28-stong divisional structure and that has brought changes at the lower end of the scale.
The geographical splits in Regional Division A and Regional Division B will remain but a third division, a north one, will appear alongside the east and west in Regional Division C.
Baldock's fourth team will play in that new north division alongside teams from the likes of Datchworth, Hitchin and Knebworth Park.
One team has also left, Stevenage sixths will not play in the league this year.
Further up the divisions it is as you were after the league opted not to have promotion or relegations in the half-season, played under the shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 8 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 9 Robbie O'Keefe leaves Stevenage after 11 years
- 10 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
It means Potters Bar, champions in 2019 and top of the pile again in 2020, will remain in the Premier Division with Welwyn Garden City and North Mymms.
Letchworth Garden City and Preston are in the Championship, Hitchin and Ickleford in Division One and Knebworth Park and Stevenage in Division Two A.
Datchworth are in Division Three A, as are Letchworth's second string, while Baldock's first team are in Division Five B. Pirton and Weston will play in Division Seven A.
The first match of the season is scheduled for May 8.
The delayed ECB National Club Championship, shelved in 2020 after the outbreak of coronavirus, will look to go ahead this year, and the draw has set up an all-Herts League clash.
Potters Bar have been drawn at home after re-entering this year and will see familiar foes Radlett arrive at The Walk on Sunday, May 16.
It will be the fifth meeting between the two sides in the last 20 matches played by Potters Bar, one of which includes the 2019 play-off final which Bar won by just six runs.
The winners of that contest then travel to face either Finchley or North Middlesex on June 6 in round two.
Welwyn Garden City meanwhile host Peterborough Town.