New quartet sign as the Canaries report back
Hitchin Town manager Darran Hay made four captures on the eve of their first pre-season training session of the summer. Further signings are expected soon after the Canaries reported back on Saturday. Hay has strengthened his defence and midfield and has
Hitchin Town manager Darran Hay made four captures on the eve of their first pre-season training session of the summer.
Further signings are expected soon after the Canaries reported back on Saturday.
Hay has strengthened his defence and midfield and has also resigned key figures from last season's squad.
The new faces include Jonathan Woolf from Bedford Town, a wide player who has impressed Hay over the past 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Full-back Lee Wilson has joined Hitchin from Haverhill Rovers.
Central defender Marcus Gross has arrived from Wealdstone. Just 19, he has also played for Wycombe Wanderers.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Former Boreham Wood utility player Michael Cox has joined the Canaries. He has also played for Arlesey Town and Hemel Hempstead and started his career with Notts County. He can play in defence or midfield.
Hay has also resigned Paul and Mark Barnes, Luke Gregson, Carl Williams, Tom Pepper and Martin Bennett.
"I'm delighted to have got these lads signed up for next season - they are all key to my plans," said Hay.