New quartet sign as the Canaries report back
Hitchin Town manager Darran Hay made four captures on the eve of their first pre-season training session of the summer. Further signings are expected soon after the Canaries reported back on Saturday. Hay has strengthened his defence and midfield and has
Hitchin Town manager Darran Hay made four captures on the eve of their first pre-season training session of the summer.
Further signings are expected soon after the Canaries reported back on Saturday.
Hay has strengthened his defence and midfield and has also resigned key figures from last season's squad.
The new faces include Jonathan Woolf from Bedford Town, a wide player who has impressed Hay over the past 12 months.
Full-back Lee Wilson has joined Hitchin from Haverhill Rovers.
Central defender Marcus Gross has arrived from Wealdstone. Just 19, he has also played for Wycombe Wanderers.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
Former Boreham Wood utility player Michael Cox has joined the Canaries. He has also played for Arlesey Town and Hemel Hempstead and started his career with Notts County. He can play in defence or midfield.
Hay has also resigned Paul and Mark Barnes, Luke Gregson, Carl Williams, Tom Pepper and Martin Bennett.
"I'm delighted to have got these lads signed up for next season - they are all key to my plans," said Hay.